- First time?
- Theme Parks
- Things to do
- You do it Trips
- Mobility Rentals
- About Benidorm
- Country & West
- Bars & Karaoke
- Food and Drink
- Health & Beauty
- Costa Blanca
- Useful Info
- Special Offers
- Benidorm Hotels
- Car Hire
- Entrance Tickets
- Money Exchange
EVENT | Benidorm and wine: 12 wines, 3 days, 1 location, €5!!!
Last week we announced the combination of two of our favourite things: Benidorm and chocolate. This week ladies and gents, we’re covering our other favourite combination: Benidorm and delicious Spanish wine!
Well, strictly speaking, it's not Benidorm but nearby Alicante, the capital of the Valencian province and a picturesque and leisurely 30 minute drive from Benidorm. So if you ever needed the perfect excuse to explore the beautiful Costa Blanca a little more, this has to be it!
For 3 exciting days from Thursday April 17th until Saturday 19th, you can visit Alicante’s prestigious Bodega Mendoza and taste 12 beautiful Spanish wine varieties for an amazing €5! What's more, the tour is available in English.
Just have a look at this great video of last year's event which gives you an idea of how beautiful the bodega is and what kind of day you can look forward to:
Not only that, but there are workshops galore going on over the three day period, designed to teach you everything you ever wanted to know about wine and viticulture. From the grapes used to the different kinds of methods employed, you will leave wiser (and possibly mildly tipsy, hic!).
Just take a look at the fantastic programme they’ve put together for YOU, dear reader!
· Tasting 12 of Mendoza’s wines (Santa Rosa and Estrecho included).
· A gift of an exclusive wine glass.
· Express course of initiation tasting.
· Free entrance for children.
Workshops available throughout the day
- Tasting of wines from Barrels of 225l. vs Foudre 500l.
- Tasting of Sandy wines vs Stone wines.
- Sweet passion: tasting pairing wine & chocolate, Mendoza & Valor.
- The world of cork.
- Live manufacture of barrels.
- The world of oil.
· Exclusive viewing of the special edition Enrique Mendoza, Cabernet-Garnacha-Monastrell, 2010.
· The best cheeses of the world hosted by Andrés García.
· And traditional food from the hand of El Xato Events (from 3 to 5 €)
The activities will be held continuously during the three day event in the garden area or inside the winery, depending on the weather. Clever!
No reservation is required for the workshops, except the ‘Express Course of Initiation Tasting’ which has strictly limited places available. So don’t forget to sign up when you buy your incredible value €5 ticket at the information desk!
Bodegas Mendoza is just off the N-332 coming from Benidorm. For the relevant google map just click here.
To visit their fab website and get more details and photos, just click here. Finally and most importantly, enjoy!
More news soon.
15 April 2014 Jane Charilaou